Friday, August 14, 2015

the usual happy list


A while back I wrote a post about happy thoughts.

This is my secret to life. I've gotten into what I think is an annoying habit of play-by-playing my days on my Instagram and Facebook. I give updates on my entire day, but they help remind me that life is really good. Yes there are hard times, but if we remember the good days we have, and occasionally document them, we can always be sure that life is good. We just have to focus on the positive.

I just want to share a few happy thoughts that have kept me going strong the past few weeks.

+ The fact that LDC starts up again in a week and a half is very exciting. I can barely contain my excitement. And there's no way to fully describe how I feel about LDC, or how happy it makes me.

+ See first picture. Last Sunday, I laid in the hammock in my parent's backyard. I've always found great peace in my backyard. My mom has made it incredibly beautiful over the years, and I quite enjoy just sitting in silence there. I find it so inspiring and I can open up my heart and mind and ponder. It's just lovely.

+ Sunsets. Heavenly Father is an incredible artist. Through the past couple months, I have seen the most beautiful sunsets. More beautiful than I've ever seen before. Of course, I take a picture of all of them, and my "Sunset" folder is overflowing on my hard drive.


+ Fall is coming. Autumn is my favorite season. It's still warmish, but you get those chilly days that make you want to snuggle up in a sweater and wool socks and watch a movie. Also Halloween and Fall decorations at Michaels. So happy. It literally takes all my will power not to buy everything in that store.

+ Loyal friends. I have a very dear friend who I've been through some really tough times with. Our relationship has been up and down, but I'm really really grateful that through anything, good times and bad times, we can always talk to each other. He's never given up on me, and he's always given me encouragement and kind words and compliments, even when I'm being a pain. And he's always there for me. I feel extremely lucky to have a friend like that. If you have a friend like that, don't let them go. Don't take them for granted. They're very precious and you should treasure those relationships. I adore him. (P.S. It's his birthday today. Shout out to you DC!)

+ DON'T JUDGE ME. I'm one of those people who listens to Christmas music all year round. Mostly because it's all happy music, it's uplifting and a lot of songs are about Jesus Christ. It just makes me happy. So yes. Especially on chilly rainy days, you can bet I'm listening to JT (James Taylor for all you uneducated young people who think JT is Justin Timberlake. JT will always be James Taylor.), or Michael Buble or the Carpenters.

+ I get to spend the weekend and a good portion of next week with my oldest sister and her baby. I'm way excited. She lives far away, and I've missed her immensely. But I get to go and spend time with her, just me.

Remember to think happy thoughts. They really do lift you up. Light your world with good thoughts, because light always overpowers darkness. I know that to be true.

Here's a simple picture I took the other day, that I've grown quite fond of.


 "It's a beautiful day, and I can't stop myself from smilling."
 Have a happy day my friends. #lifeisgood

No comments:

Post a Comment