Monday, June 6, 2016

Love Story Part V: First Kiss

Derek was always a sweetheart when it came to kissing me. He knew I had never kissed anyone so he was really respectful of me and my feelings.

About a week after we started dating again, we went up to Salt Lake for a concert. We saw his best friend and his fiance there which was cool. (Derek sees someone he knows everywhere we go. Everywhere. I'm not kidding.) After the concert, I wanted to walk around Temple Square because it was close to Christmas so the lights were up. We walked around and we held hands. It was so romantic with the beauty around us and the cute boy holding my hand, keeping me warm. We wandered for a while, walked around City Creek, threw pennies and made wishes in a streamy thing. This had become my favorite date I've ever been on. It still is to this day.

It was getting late, so we walked back to the car. I got in and shut the door. Derek got in and the bluetooth started playing music. He sat there with a weird look on his face and I was like "What are you doing?" He said "Get out of the car." He walked around and I already knew what was coming. I tried to hide my excitement as I had dreamed of this happening to me. He told me to leave the door open and he turned the music up. He asked me to dance. We swayed back and forth in this nearly empty parking lot in Salt Lake at like 11 pm in late November. But I wasn't cold. It was actually really nice. Mostly because I was in the arms of this handsome guy, holding me close to him ;) We danced and at one point he pulled away from me, and touched his forehead to mine. I thought he was going to kiss me. I really wanted him to. And I really wanted to reach up and kiss him. But I'd never kissed anyone so I had no idea what I was doing. So I didn't. And he didn't because he knew I'd never been kissed. I know I know. How perfect of a moment to experience a first kiss!! 

Now for the real story:

A week later, we were sitting on my couch.....
My roommates had gone upstairs after a movie, my legs were over his lap and his arm was around me. He’s really close to me and he says “Is it ok if I do this?” He got even closer to my face and I stammered. “Uh...Well.. I don’t… I don’t know.” What was really going through my head was this “Seriously!? In my apartment? On the couch? How unromantic is that? What kind of a first kiss story is this? I wish you’d kissed me when we were in Salt Lake. Now that, my friend, would have been a romantic and the best first kiss story.” And yet, all of that came out as “Uh...Well.. I don’t… I don’t know.” He said “If you don’t know I’m going to do it anyway.” So I bit my lip and didn’t say anything. He came closer and set his lips on mine. It was just a little peck. It was like nothing I had expected. Actually to be honest my first thought was “Really? That was a kiss?” But it was fine. He finally kissed me.




No comments:

Post a Comment