Sunday, June 5, 2016

Love Story Part IV: Autumn

After I friend-zoned him, Derek and I stayed pretty good friends actually. We hung out a few times over the summer at Canyon Bonfires, and with his friends a few times. I started to get to know him better and wanted to be around him more. We found out we were going to be in the same choir that fall semester, and that's where I really got to know him. We spent a lot of time together, being in the same choir and all with class and performances and rehearsals and casual hangout with groups of people. One day it was time to go to class and he said "Well Miss Jenny, shall we skip up to class together?" He took my hand and we skipped to the stairs and when he let my hand go, I felt lost. I wanted him to keep holding my hand. That's when it all started.

During those months, I started noticing how he treated people, how he worked, how he did things. I started feeling things for him that I didn't think I would ever feel! That I told myself I would never feel for him. I told my sister all of this and she talked to Derek and asked him if he would ever go out with me again. He explained that I had friend-zoned him so he didn't think anything of it. I asked Derek if I could talk to him, so one night, I met him at his aunt's house and we talked on the porch. I told him I'd been having feelings for him and I didn't know what to do. I wasn't sure what he would say. But to my surprise, he said "Okay. Will you be my girlfriend?" It was better worded than that. He told me his concerns and his fears, and I told him mine. I had never dated anyone before so I didn't know the rules or how to be a girlfriend. But I said yes because it was exciting and I liked this guy and I wanted to see what it was like! So Bam. We are now an item.

Fast forward 3 days later. 

Pulled to the side of the road. "Hey Jenny, I don't know about you, but I feel kind of weird about this. I'm scared and nervous..I think we should break up." "Yeah. I've been really anxious the past few days, so I think that's a good idea."

Bam. We are no longer an item. Luckily that was over a weekend, so no one knew about it and it wasn't awkward. Throughout the next month we still did a lot together. We even held hands a couple of times during movies. I found I missed him, even though we were only together for 3 days.

In late November, we were at a Thanksgiving performance and after a friend invited us to go watch a movie at his house. Derek and I sort of cuddled on the couch, meaning he was laying on a pillow in my lap, and once I got home. Derek called. We talked for a little while, and I don't remember how it came up but we hung up the phone being boyfriend and girlfriend again.



No comments:

Post a Comment