Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Love Story Part VI: 2015

Come January, Some of us, meaning both of us, started having more anxious feelings. Some of us said "I plan to date other people too." (Ahem. Jenny. Ahem.) Some of us started over thinking things and it got complicated really fast. Long story short, we broke up. Through out the next year, there were lots of talks, lots of tears, lots of broken hearts, lots of hard feelings, hard decisions, hard conversations. For both of us, those feelings were still there for each other, we just couldn't act on them. Derek felt it was wrong, but couldn't stay away from me. Because I knew Derek felt it was wrong, I would try to drive him away from me and drive myself away from him but still made excuses to see him, or run into him. Let's just say there were conflicting feelings going on. We knew we had to stay away from each other, but through all our talks (So many DTRs. Too many.), we had become best friends, and it's harder than heck to stay away from your best friend.

There were multiple "It's over." "It's never going to happen." "Stop calling me." "Let's not hang out anymore." "You need to decide." All between both of us. We kept breaking up and we weren't even together.

It was November again, Derek asked me out on a double date with my sister and his roommate. The date went really well and things had started to spark up again for both of us. I was confused about it because earlier, we had really decided that it was never going to work out between us. The next week after our date, I went to Disneyland. I told Derek before I left, that he needed to make a decision about me, about us. I wanted to date him again, but I wasn't going to unless he wanted it and we were going to stick. If we broke up again, I would be heart-shattered. So I told him to figure it out. The week I was gone, he talked to his parents, he talked to my sister and brother-in-law (because they went through almost a similar situation during their dating years) he went to the temple, and he asked Heavenly Father if he could date me again. He felt so much peace and comfort. He knew it was the right time. Meanwhile, in Disneyland, I was texting him and he asked me if I when I got back, after the performance we had, if I wanted to go do something relaxing with him. I said yes. So after our performance, in our formals, we went to the Chocolate (which is a little dessert cafe) and ate Cazookies, and started a Beauty and the Beast puzzle. He was acting weird, asking me to do different things with him, and he was shaking, and acting nervous. I didn't make anything of it, but was a little curious as to what he had been thinking all week. It got crowded, so we left. We got in the car and I thanked him for the night and he said "I actually have one more place I want to take you."

My heart sank. I knew where we were going even though he tried to trick me by taking random back roads. We were headed to the park where I had friend-zoned him. Where we had had several talks that always ended in broken hearts and tears. Great. It's over. Why doesn't he just tell me and get it over with? Why does he have to make a big deal about it? Why did he take me on a nice, cute outing and now is going to break my heart again? ...  Or... He's going to try to make this place happy instead, and tell me that he's thought about it and he wants to date me again. I'm freaking out, wondering which it will be. He parks and gets out, I start to get out and he says, "Wait it's cold. And I'm just grabbing something from the trunk." He comes back with a gorgeous bouquet of roses, hands them to me and says "Jenny, I want to run something by you and see how you feel and what you think." He proceeded to tell me about his week and how he was feeling and asked me if I wanted to date him again. And like a brat, I said no. I told him my fears and that I probably needed to really think about it before I made a final decision. I woke up the next day thinking I don't need to think about it. I want to date Derek again. More than anything. Why on earth did I say no??! 

I went over and asked him questions, and we talked about everything, laid it all out on the table.
We decided that we were going to date again.

20 minutes later, we took his roommate to the ER. Most eventful night of the year. Back with my boyfriend, and in the hospital with a guy who stopped breathing for a minute.




No comments:

Post a Comment