Saturday, June 4, 2016

Love Story Part III: Friend-Zone

We met up at a park to talk about how we felt about each other. I had cancelled our "date" picnic that morning due to being sick to my stomach. But I had to tell him that I didn't like him like it seemed he liked me.

We walked around and talked about our days for about 15 minutes. I was trying to stall because I didn't really want to tell him I didn't like him in a romantic way. Finally we picked a bench to sit on and we talked. I asked him to go first. He told me about how he felt when he met me, how he wanted to ask me out again and that he had really started to like me. He wasn't looking for a relationship just yet, but he wanted to keep going on dates with me. Then it was my turn. I told him the same things, how I felt when we met, our dates, and how I didn't like him the way he liked me. I told him that I thought he was a great guy and that I wanted to still hang out with him and be good friends, but I didn't want it to go anywhere. We agreed to be friends. Derek actually took it really well. We talked for another 2 hours about random things. Dates we've been on, people we've been interested in in the past. I invited him over to my house for hot chocolate afterwards because I got cold. We drank hot chocolate on my driveway. And that was that. We were friends. I wrote in my journal that I never wanted to date him. He wasn't the kind of guy I was interested in. He was cute, but not the one for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment