Friday, July 8, 2016

Married Life

"How's your day going so far?"
"Good."
"It'd be better if you were married." A direct quote from Brother Eggett.

Married life is the best. THE. BEST.


We went and got lots of fun things at Target with our 15% off registry items coupon.


We attended the Manti Pageant the week after we got back, and it's so fun going to social things now, and instead of being dropped off at my parent's house with a hug and a goodnight kiss, I get to go home with my sweetheart, and just go to bed. It's the best. The thing I was most looking forward to is that. Not ever having to say goodbye.


We attend the temple together and it's so much fun. I love being able to go with Derek now and not only do Baptisms. I feel so lucky that I married a man who is worthy and who helps me be worthy to enter the temple and do sacred work. We love the temple. 

I love those big, bright, gorgeous blue eyes of his. 


We go on Motorcycle rides, we are seriously considering buying this motorcycle from Derek's uncle. We go on Sunday rides, usually to the Temple grounds, and just lay on the grass and talk about life. 
We go to the Canyon because it's a place where we both feel free. Especially Derek. We love the mountains and being outside.
We went to the Balloons for the 4th of July, with my family, except it was cloudy, so they cancelled them. But for all those poor people up at 5 in the morning, they blew a couple up just on the ground.




I am learning to be a wife. I clean the house. I do laundry. Sometimes. I make food. Sometimes. But I do take good care of my husband. I try my best to feed him and make sure he's happy. I made Chicken Cordon Bleu the other night, and it was awesome. I felt so accomplished. I always feel accomplished when I actually make a meal. Not just a grilled cheese sandwich, or the Tyson chicken strips from the freezer. Doesn't this look good!!? I'm so proud. 


We go to Arby's a lot, and we binge watch Friends after dinner. We dance in the kitchen, and sit on the porch at night. We go on drives, an we get frustrated with each other, but we kiss and make up, because we hate being upset at each other. I leave notes on his pillow, and he holds me close when I cry. He kisses me every morning before he leaves for work, and I kiss him every day when he gets back. "Ees the best."

Okay - but for real. The fun stuff in marriage is great, but my favorite part is being blessed to live with my best friend, my confidante, the person who makes my heart beat a little faster everyday, and the love of my life, for eternity. That's the greatest part. We're so happy!


I'm working on our Wedding recap. So be excited for that. I've never blogged a big event before so I hope it's good. 

Get married ya'll. It's the best. The greatest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment